One of the new features I’m most excited about are course wikis. Here are a few quick thoughts.
- Wikis are very easy to create, edit, and view changes
- Wikis can be implemented at the course or group level
- Wikis can be graded
- Multiple wikis or wiki pages can be linked together
- Comparisons between wiki page versions is excellent
- Wikis only exist within the course environment; they cannot be made public
- Wikis only exist within one specific course; they can’t be shared across course sections
I’m still unsure if wikis can be copied from semester to semester. I’m sure they can in some form, but will need to test this more.