Effective 2019, the UT system has renewed its system-wide contract with Adobe for Creative Cloud. The new contract licensing format for Creative Cloud is based on a subscription model that will require annual renewal. The new license format will be specific to individual users, and will require UTC IT to assign licenses to employees in order to use Adobe products.
Cost: UTC has chosen not to charge individuals and departments for the use of Adobe Creative Cloud for this year.
Step 1: Submit approval request for Adobe Pro/Adobe Creative Cloud
Employees should fill out the following request form in order to begin the process for obtaining a Adobe Creative Cloud named license: Software Request Form
Information requested in this form:
- E-mail address of the person requesting the software
- E-mail address of the individual installing the software
- E-mail address of the department/budget approver
Once the request has been approved by your department/budget approver, the Help Desk will send you instructions on next steps which will include the following steps.
Step 2: Remove your old Acrobat and Creative Cloud applications
Before you install the new applications, please remove any Creative Cloud application, including Acrobat, from your computer.
Step 3: Sign into Adobe.com
Sign in at adobe.com with your NetID@tennessee.edu username to download, install, and access the Creative Cloud applications.
Step 4: Install the Creative Cloud Desktop App
Before you can install any of the individual applications, you must first install the Creative Cloud Desktop App.
Step 5: Install the Creative Cloud Applications
With the Creative Cloud Desktop App, you can pick and choose which Creative Cloud applications to install on your computer.
Step 6: Sign Out
When you close an application or turn off your computer, you will not be automatically logged out of your Adobe session.
- If you are using a shared computer, don’t forget to log out of your Adobe applications once you have completed your work.
- You may have 2 concurrent sessions for your Creative Cloud applications. Log off one of your sessions to sign in from another computer.
- Check to see what your NetID is by visting: https://directory.utk.edu
- If NetID = UTC ID, sync your password at: https://password.utc.edu