1. Using a computer, go to 2fa.utk.edu/signup
2. Log in with your NetID (also known as your UTC ID) and password.
3. Select the option ‘I have a smartphone’ and check the box for ‘I am ready to use two-factor…’ Click ‘Sign Up’.
4. Select ‘Start Setup‘.
5. Select which type of device you are adding.
6. Enter your phone number and check the box to confirm the number is correct. Press ‘Continue’.
7. Select what type of phone you are using. Press ‘Continue’.
8. Install the “Duo Mobile” app on your mobile device if you have not already. Press ‘Continue’.
9. Scan the onscreen code from the Duo app. When the green check mark appears, click ‘Continue’.
10. IMPORTANT You must click ‘Continue to Login‘ to complete the 2FA set-up process.
11. Select an authentication method.
– Click ‘Send Me a Push’ to receive an alert on your smartphone (Recommended)
– Click ‘Enter a Passcode’ to use the code displayed in the Duo Mobile App on your smartphone.
12. You have successfully enabled two-factor on your UTC ID (NetID) account and you are ready to use two-factor. Click ‘Okay‘.