RESOURCES TO FIND TACTICS TO USE IN DEVELOPING YOUR LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- AdaptAbility: How to Survive Change You Didn’t Ask For.
- Adaptability: The Art of Winning in an Age of Uncertainty.
- Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life.
Change Management (also, Change, Leading Change)
Coaching (also, Empowerment)
Creativity (also, Continual Learning; Curiosity; Exploration; Inquisitiveness)
- 5 Quick Things You Can Do Today to Boost Your Creativity.
- Creativity At Work: 6 Ways To Encourage Innovative Ideas.
- Developing Management Skills, 9th Edition, Chapter 3: Solving Problems Analytically and Creatively.
- How To Be Creative: 6 Secrets Backed By Research.
- Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative.
- The Power of Curiosity: How to Have Real Conversations that create Collaboration, Innovation, and Understanding.
- Checklist: What 9 things can help you make better decisions?
- Harvard Business Review’s 10 Must-Reads on Making Smart Decisions.
- Judgment in Managerial Decision Making (8th Edition).
- This Is How To Make Good Decisions: 4 Secrets Backed By Research.
- What are the Secrets to Making Better Decisions?
- If You Want It Done Right, You Don’t Have to Do It Yourself!: The Power of Effective Delegation.
- The Art of Delegation: Maximize Your Time, Leverage Others, and Instantly Increase Profits.
- The Busy Manager’s Guide to Delegation.
- A Navy SEAL Explains 8 Secrets To Grit And Resilience.
- Emotional Agility: Get Unstuck, Embrace Change, and Thrive in Work and Life.
- Emotional Habits: The 7 Things Resilient People Do Differently (And How They Can Help You Succeed in Business and Life).
- Emotional Resilience: How To Boost It With 10 Research-Backed Secrets.
- The Gift of Adversity: The Unexpected Benefits of Life’s Difficulties, Setbacks, and Imperfections.
Empathy (also, Connecting; Emotional Sensitivity, Nonjudgmentalness; Positive Regard)
- The Art of Empathy: A Complete Guide to Life’s Most Essential Skill.
- The Power of Empathy: 3 Ways Empathy Can Improve Your Life.
- Developing Your Global Mindset: The Handbook for Successful Global Leaders.
- Wake Up! The World Is Calling: 11 Steps for A Global Mindset to Leverage Your Personal and Professional Life.
Interpersonal Skills – General
- Developing Management Skills, 9th Edition, Chapter 4: Building Relationships by Communicating Supportively.
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0
- How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
Interpersonal Skills – Giving Feedback
- Harvard Business Review Guide to Delivering Effective Feedback.
- Feedback Imperative: How to Give Everyday Feedback to Speed Up Your Team’s Success.
- Feedback Toolkit: 16 Tools for Better Communication in the Workplace (Second Edition).
Interpersonal Skills – Networking (also, Making First Impressions; Meeting People; Relationship Interest)
- 10 Networking Tips That Will Make You A Success
- How To Get People To Like You: 7 Ways From An FBI Behavior Expert.
- Learn to Love Networking.
Interpersonal Skills – Trust (also, Integrity)
- What are the 10 Best Ways to Build Trust in a Relationship?
- How To Get People To Treat You Right: The Science Behind Trust.
- Managing with a Conscience: How to Improve Performance Through Integrity, Trust, and Commitment.
- The Accountable Organization: Reclaiming Integrity, Restoring Trust.
- Developing Management Skills, 9th Edition, Chapter 6: Motivating Others.
- How To Be Motivated: 4 New Insights From Research.
- How To Motivate People – 4 Steps Backed By Science.
- Positive Energy: Here’s How You Can Increase It.
- The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy.
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In.
- Hostage Negotiation: The Top FBI Hostage Negotiator Teaches You the 5 Secrets to Getting What You Want.
- This Is The Quickest Way To Become An Expert Negotiator.
- Begin with Yes
- How To Be Optimistic: 4 Steps Backed By Research.
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life.
Power – (also, Office Politics)
- Checklist: The 5 Secrets to Winning at Office Politics.
- Developing Management Skills, 9th Edition, Chapter 5: Gaining Power and Influence.
- Power: Why Some People Have It and Others Don’t.
- Secrets to Winning at Office Politics: How to Achieve Your Goals and Increase Your Influence at Work.
Public Speaking (also, Presentation Skills; Speeches)
- How To Overcome Fear Of Public Speaking And Give A Great Presentation.
- Presentation Techniques: 6 Secrets To Giving Amazing Presentations.
- Steal the Show: From Speeches to Job Interviews to Deal-Closing Pitches.
- Talk Like TED: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World’s Top Minds.
- 5 Ways to Become More Self-Aware
- Developing Management Skills, 9th Edition, Chapter 1: Developing Self-Awareness
- The Importance of Self-Awareness, and How to Become More Self-Aware.
- Confidence: How to Overcome Your Limiting Beliefs and Achieve Your Goals.
- How To Be More Confident: 5 Research-Backed Methods.
- How To Be More Confident: 3 Secrets Backed By Research.
- The Power of Self-Confidence: Become Unstoppable, Irresistible, and Unafraid in Every Area of Your Life.
Stress Reduction – General
- 12 Ways To Easily Eliminate Stress.
- Developing Management Skills, 9th Edition, Chapter 2: Managing Stress and Well-Being.
- The Mayo Clinic Guide to Stress-Free Living.
- The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook.
Stress Reduction – Exercise
- Fitness Basics – Mayo Clinic
- This Is The Best Way To Motivate Yourself To Exercise: 4 Proven Secrets.
- Why are Both Exercise and Religion so Good at Increasing Happiness?
- Would You Feel Better If You Were Walking in Nature Right Now?
Stress Reduction – Immediate; Tactics to Use in the Moment of Stress
- 59 Seconds: Change Your Life in Under a Minute.
- New Neuroscience Reveals 4 Easy Rituals That Will Make You Stress-Free.
- Stop Your Anxiety Now!
Stress Reduction – Meditation (also, Breathing)
- Systems Thinking for Business: Capitalize on Structures Hidden in Plain Sight.
- Thinking in Systems: A Primer
Teams (also, Teamwork; Leading Teams)
Time Management (also, Personal Organization; Personal Planning; Procrastination)
- How The Most Successful People Manage Their Time.
- How To Manage Your Time: 5 Secrets Backed By Research.
- It’s About Time!: The Six Styles of Procrastination and How to Overcome Them.
- Still Procrastinating: The No-RegretsGuide to Getting It Done.