Applications for the Student Managed Investment Learning Experience (SMILE) Fund due Friday, Sept. 27
ALL UTC students from any major are eligible to participate. Visit utc.edu/smile-fund to learn more and to apply.
What is the SMILE FUND?
The SMILE Fund is an investment fund at UTC that is led by undergraduate students. The fund, which has grown to have more than $600,000 in assets under management, provides select UTC students the opportunity to manage a real stock portfolio for a real client–the UC Foundation.
Participation in the SMILE Fund can provide students with many invaluable rewards:
- Hands on experience managing REAL MONEY
- Potential academic and financial awards in course credits and scholarship awards
- Knowledge in investment analysis, security selection, and portfolio management
- Training and certification in the world’s leading investment software
- Exposure to global market conditions, volatility, and business cycles
- Experience producing professional documents such as annual reports
- Context for study material for the 1st level of the CFA exam
- Job preparation for careers in investments, wealth management, and stock analysis
- Sharpening of professional skills such as presenting in professional settings
- Lasting bonds with team members that share similar goals and career interests
- Stronger relationships with faculty and enhanced educational opportunities
- Closer access with professionals including exclusive networking opportunities
- Competitive advantage to bolster resumes and job interviews
- Unique and impactful stories to share with potential employers
- Recommendations for select internships and job openings
- Guaranteed letter of reference from the faculty advisor
- Increased confidence in obtaining both personal and professional objectives