Applications are open today for the 2021 Veterans Entrepreneurship Program (VEP) housed in UTC’s Gary W. Rollins College of Business.
Now in its tenth year, the VEP offers a highly innovative immersion program built around hands-on learning, personalized interaction, and exposure to inspiring role models. Our mission is to foster the creation of successful, profitable ventures owned by veterans. A team of world-class faculty, distinguished entrepreneurs, and subject matter experts work with delegates, providing a challenging, interactive, and informative experience.
“The VEP was one of the most challenging and life-changing experiences. We all walked away with a wealth of knowledge and amazing connections that will help us grow as individuals and as entrepreneurs.” -Lindsey Drury, 2018 VEP Graduate.
The VEP is FREE to veterans who are selected for the program. The costs of the VEP are underwritten by sponsors and private donors, including our presenting sponsor, Walden Security.
Through our consortium, VEP has served 600+ veterans. In order to continue to serve as many of our nation’s veterans as possible, the VEP is also offered at Oklahoma State University and the University of Florida. For more information about their program and schedule, please visit their website.
VEP serves veterans who meet the following requirements:
- Have separated from active duty service (or are in the process of separating) with an honorable discharge.
- Have developed a business concept or have an existing business less than three years old.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are identified as disabled by the Veterans Administration based on a “service-connected” disability OR are “service-distinguished” based on exemplary military conduct.
How to Apply
- To apply, go to www.utc.edu/vep
- Application deadline: April 30, 2021
- Final notification of admission: May 7, 2021
The Gary W. Rollins College of Business and its location in Chattanooga, Tennessee, are an ideal venue for the VEP. Chattanooga is an emerging global entrepreneurial hub, steeped in history, and on the cutting edge of entrepreneurial practice and education.