UTC Library now provides access to over 350 hours of video from the venerable CBS News 60 Minutes newsmagazine via the ProQuest Central database.
Video coverage includes biographical profiles, investigative reports, interviews with key newsmakers, and, of course, commentary by Andy Rooney.
Here are some highlights:
Access the 60 Minutes videos
You can either browse through 1997-2014 episodes (under “browse specific issues”) or “search within this publication” (click on advanced search under the search box and limit to the “audio/video clip” document type.
The UTC Library now provides access to over 30,000 ebooks from Project MUSE!
Published by United States and international University Presses and other scholarly organizations between 1905 and 2017, MUSE ebook titles are primarily focused on the humanities. Subject strengths include area and ethnic studies, history, and literature.
The following publishers are an example of those represented on MUSE:
- Princeton University Press
- University of Texas Press
- Johns Hopkins University Press
- University Press of Kentucky
- Manchester University Press
- Hong Kong University Press
Some interesting titles include:
Title list (as of September 2017)
UTC Library now provides access to the Palgrave ebook archive.
Consisting of nearly 12,000 books published from 1864 through 2004, the archive contains titles in the following disciplines:
- Business & Management
- Economics & Finance
- Language & Linguistics
- Literature & Performing Arts
- Political & International Studies
- Religion & Philosophy
- Social & Cultural Studies
Some interesting titles include:
Access Palgrave archive ebooks on SpringerLink
Full list of the Palgrave Archive.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Library welcomes returning alumni back to campus for homecoming season 2017. We encourage you to reminisce about your college days by checking out the full run of Moccasin yearbooks and University Echo student newspapers in our Digital Collections. Alternatively, stop by the Special Collections reading room in room 439 of the Library to view print copies of these and other historical UTC materials.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of the University of Chattanooga class of 1967, here are a few of the highlights from the 1966-1967 school year:
(1) Although the 1966 homecoming game against the Jacksonville State College Gamecocks was a 19-10 loss for Chattanooga, class of 1967 alumni can take pride in being witnesses to the penultimate year of football coaching by the legendary of A.C. “Scrappy Moore,” who retired after the 1967 season.
Quarterback Joe Dunn gaining yardage on the Jacksonville State College Gamecocks
The 1966 football season was Coach A.C. “Scrappy” Moore’s 40th at the University of Chattanooga
(2) Big homecoming decoration contest wins by Kappa Sigma and Chi Omega and the election of Bea Clemmers as Homecoming Queen.
Homecoming decoration contest winners
Homecoming Queen Bea Clemmer
(3) The inauguration of William H. Masterson in November 1966, the final president of the University of Chattanooga, and the first chancellor or University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
William H. Masterson on inauguration day
Be sure to cheer on the Mocs for this year’s homecoming game against the Furman University Paladins at Finley Stadium on October 7!
The UTC Library now provides access to Web of Science citation indexes dating back to 1965!
Our coverage breakdown for the 3 major Web of Science databases:
- Science Citation Index: 1965-present
- Social Sciences Citation Index: 1965-present
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index: 1975-present
Citation index archives can help researchers thoroughly understand the background and evolution of their topics as well as trends and key historical influences. In addition, researchers can locate current literature based on earlier patents, reports, published works, or findings, find similar/related records that have no obvious direct connections, create a list of experts within a field and more!
Access the Web of Science