Chattanooga Rotarians gathered on Monday, March 6, 2017 in recognition of the chartering of a Rotaract Club at UTC. The uniqueness of this club is that it is jointly sponsored and supported by 3 local Chattanooga Rotary Clubs: Chattanooga Rotary, Hamilton Place Rotary, and Chattanooga Breakfast Rotary. To see additional photos of the event, please visit the UTC College of Business Facebook page.
What is Rotaract?
Rotaract clubs are part of a global effort to bring peace and international understanding to the world. This effort starts at the community level but knows no limits in its outreach. Rotaractors have access to the many resources of Rotary International (RI) and The Rotary Foundation. Rotary International provides the administrative support that helps Rotaract clubs thrive.
Rotaract has the following goals:
- To develop professional and leadership skills.
- To emphasize respect for the right of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual.
- To recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve.
- To recognize, practice, and promote ethical standards as leadership qualities and vocational responsibilities.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the needs, problems, and opportunities in the community and worldwide.
- To provide opportunities for personal and group activities to serve the community and promote international understanding and goodwill toward all people.