Earth Day celebrations start this week. Plan to join UTC’s Office of Sustainability to celebrate our planet with events which include EDGE (Ecological Decisions for a Global Environment) Movie Night on Chamberlain Field at 6 p.m. Monday, April 22, with a showing of Disney’s WALL-E. The festivities end with EcoField Days at 11 a.m. on Friday-Saturday, April 26-27, in Miller Park downtown. Details for the events are below.
EDGE Movie Night
- 6 p.m.-8 p.m. Monday, April 22nd
- Chamberlain Field
- Take a break from studying and come out to Chamberlain Field and watch a free showing of WALL-E to celebrate Earth Day.
Weigh the Waste at Late Night Breakfast
- 10 p.m.-midnight Friday, April 25
- UTC Crossroads
- Aramark will be collecting and weighing all leftover food from the day to demonstrate how much food is wasted. Food waste in landfills increases the production of methane, a greenhouse gas. Water used to produce and process the food is wasted, along with the land and oil used during production.
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday, April 26; 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, April 26-27
- Miller Park downtown
- Activities include recycled art competition, corporate team field-day game competition, face painting, vendors, live music, upcycled prom gown pageant and more.
- Information: https://www.facebook.com/greenspacescha/
Clean and Green
- 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, April 27
- Miller Plaza downtown
- Chattanooga’s annual beautification and cleanup event with trash collection to graffiti removal and greenery efforts. Meet us before Eco Field Day!