The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Race For The Cure will take place Sunday, September 30, on the UTC campus from 12 noon -5 p.m. Approximately 6-7,000 participants are expected. UT Chattanooga is a “Silver” Presenting Sponsor of Race For The Cure.
This event will take place on the city streets and will require several street closings. The City of Chattanooga has granted a permit to close the streets listed below to vehicular traffic during the running of this event.
1. East 5th Street from 5th Street Parking Garage to Cemetery Road (Collins)
2. Mabel to Manker Patten Tennis Center Parking Lot
3. Exit Ramp from Mabel to Amnicola Hwy
4. Right lane of Amnicola Hwy from the Mabel Street Exit Ramp to Boathouse Restaurant.
5. Tennessee Riverwalk from Boathouse Restaurant to Mabel Street.
6. Third street (3rd) from Mabel to Houston
7. Houston Street from 3rd Street to Vine Street
8. Vine Street from Houston to University Center
9. Douglas Street from Oak Street to Mabel.
Residents and students are respectfully requested not to use these streets or park their vehicles on these streets during the hours of 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on September 30.
The City of Chattanooga Police will close the above mentioned streets to vehicular traffic during the running portions of the event and will permit emergency vehicles only.
More than 300 UTC faculty, staff and students plan to participate in the Komen Race for the Cure.