UTC Theatre brings Evita to life April 19-23.
UTC Theatre Company presents acclaimed Evita in the Dorothy Hackett Ward Theatre, Fine Arts Center. The show will run April 19-23 at 7:30 P.M. with an additional 2 P.M. matinee on April 23.
This award-winning musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice charts the desperate and salacious rags-to-riches rise of Eva Peron, the First Lady of Argentina. With rich music, memorable pageantry, and cynical commentary by the narrator/revolutionary Che Guevara, the musical follows Evita’s journey from impoverished child to movie actress to political leader to saint-like icon.
“Hopefully this show will feel like a big, dark pageant that doesn’t lose sight of Eva Peron’s humanity—her struggle to overcome incredible odds, sometimes at others’ expense,” said Director Steve Ray. “In addition to beautiful costumes and sets, this show will feature historical footage. I hope this will help the truth of Evita’s life seem more palpable. This is the story of a real person with huge ambitions and a desperate need to be loved. Even if audience members are not familiar with Eva Peron’s story, they will be able to understand everything. Her life was filled with unbelievable plot twists.”
Tickets can be purchased at the Fine Arts Center box office by phone at (423) 425-4269, in person, or online here. Tickets are $15 for General Admission and $12 for students and seniors.
Want to revisit the show? Check out our Flickr album:
UTC Theatre Company’s production of Evita features:
- Cast: Rachel Shannon, Mark Elich, Garrett Henson, Heath Austin, Carly Garner, Samantha Burns, Cierra Dolata, Madeline Franklin-Dean, Carly Fletcher, Brianna Jones, Skylar Ramsey, Kimberly Rye, Ellie Smoak, Courtney Tucker, Gabriel Bailey, Mason DeGroot, Mario Hoyle, Hugh Moses, John Nichols, Falcian Page, Nick Sterling, Taylor Wilson, Brandon Vaque
- Director: Steve Ray
- Musical Director: Tim Hinck
- Choreographer: Kristin Nalley
- Technical Direction: John Burgess
- Scene Designer: Adam Miecielica
- Lighting Designer: Reid Austin
- Sound Designer: Alexandra Durham
- Costume Designer: Stephanie Henderson
- Stage Manager: Joseph Ellison