UTC Theatre Company’s production of Oklahoma! features:
- Cast: Rachel Shannon, Mark Elich, Kimberly Rye, Nick Sterling, Bethany Peyton, Garret Henson, Dillon Davis, Caroline Blair, Kelsey Anderson, MarQuez Pierce, Ellie Smoak, Claire Johnson, Cierra Dolata, Katey Dailey, Skylar Ramsey, Ashley Tisdale, Toni Bolton, Madeline Franklin-Dean, Linsey Watkins, Gabriel bailey, Zachary Shreeve, Jonah Smith, Jacob Madden, Alexander Smith, Cooper Tidwell, Chris Shaw, and Nathan Dyer
- Director: Steve Ray
- Assistant Director: Toni Bolton
- Choreographers: Kristin Nalley and Andrew Parker
- Fight Choreographer: Bob Willie
- Set Design: Adam Miecielica
- Lighting Design: John R. Burgess
- Costume Design: Samantha Johnson
- Stage Manager: Brianna Jones
Oklahoma! is coming to Chattanooga April 18-22, when UTC Theatre Co. and Chattanooga Ballet present this classic by Rodgers and Hammerstein.
Love is in the air in the Indian Territory in 1903. So is trouble. Feisty farm girl Laurey is pursued by both Curly, a charming cowboy, and Jud, a dangerous hired hand. Ado Annie “cain’t say no” to both her local beau and a travelling peddler. The intrigue unfolds as the state of Oklahoma is born in this trailblazing musical that bursts with such classic songs as “Oh, What a Beautiful Morning,” “People Will Say We’re in Love” and “The Surrey with the Fringe on Top.”
Director Steve Ray says, “When Oklahoma! opened in 1943, it set the standard for musicals to follow. It is known for the revolutionary way it incorporated the plot into the songs, but it also has the near perfect mix of romance, comedy, intrigue, music and dance.”
UTC Theatre Co. is delighted to be partnering with the esteemed Chattanooga Ballet for the acclaimed ballet dream sequence. Director Steve Ray speaks with excitement as he explains, “The Dream Ballet in Oklahoma! is an iconic moment in American musical theatre. We are so fortunate to collaborate with the talented dancers from Chattanooga Ballet. Andrew Parker, Chattanooga Ballet’s new Artistic Director, has choreographed beautiful and powerful elements that are unique to our production. Our students have been fortunate to work with Andrew, the ballet dancers and Chattanooga Ballet’s Managing Director Bob Willie, who is our fight choreographer.”
UTC Theatre Company presents Oklahoma! in the Dorothy Hackett Ward Theatre, in UTC’s Fine Arts Center, located at the corner of Vine and Palmetto. The show will run April 18-22 at 7:30 p.m. with an additional 2 p.m. matinee on April 22. Tickets are $15 General Admission and $12 for students and seniors. They can be purchased at the Fine Arts Center box office by phone at (423) 425-4269 or in person. Tickets can also be purchased online.