If you go
What: Electric Menagerie
When: 7:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 9
Where: Roland Hayes Concert Hall, Fine Arts Center
Admission: Free and open to the public
Electric Menagerie: an eclectic mix of music covering five genres, and video (both music video and “mash-ups”).
Hip-Hop, Pop, Fusion, New Concert Music, and Improvisation will alternate in an entertaining mix for just short of an hour.
Performers and composers include:
- the talented cellist/vocalist Ben van Winkle, who fuses classical cello technique with terrific vocals and effects pedals in his original songs;
- visiting student and Hip-Hop composer/producer Mike Davis;
- spoken-word artist Terrence Banks;
- the UTC Saxophone Quartet with music by UTC student Zak Truett;
- a campus/community band called The Younger Perceptions;
- keyboardist Heith Swafford;
- percussionist extraordinaire Dean Vlassis along with Jonathan McNair on “prepared piano;”
- and the campus premiere of TH LTTL DBBS (Matt Greenwell and Phillip Lewis from Art).