For the seventh year in a row, UTC has earned the designation as a Tree Campus USA from the Arbor Day Foundation, the only school in the UT System to earn the honor.
The program recognizes college and universities nationwide for “promoting healthy trees and engaging students and staff in the spirit of conservation,” according to an foundation news release.
- To earn the distinction, UTC met five core standards:
- Establishment of a tree advisory committee
- Evidence of a campus tree-care plan
- Dedicated annual expenditures for the campus tree program
- Observance of Arbor Day
- Sponsoring student service-learning projects.
UTC is one of 344 colleges or universities nationwide designated as a Tree Campus USA. Eight schools in Tennessee are on the list: UTC, Austin Peay State University, Belmont University, Cleveland State Community College, Rhodes College, Tennessee State University, Tennessee Wesleyan University and Trevecca Nazarene College.