Picture this: You’re coming out of a course taught in-class and your very next one is online. You have 10 minutes to find a place quiet enough for the online class.
You’re not a sprinter on the track team, so it’s difficult to quickly find a spot where you won’t disturb others or be disturbed by them. At the same time, you don’t want to be too close to other students and social distancing is not possible.
Enter Zoom Rooms. Literally.
The university has created nine Zoom Rooms for students who are heading from an in-class course to an online one with only minutes to make the switch.
The rooms also are available to students to work quietly on classwork.
Zoom Rooms are now open, and students can find a Zoom Room near their classes using the chart below. BYOD means “Bring Your Own Device.”
The rooms offer a place to:
- Connect to classes with their own device or a UTC desktop.
- Charge a device while they work.
- Use headphones or earbuds to listen or speak (quietly) for class.
While in the rooms:
- Abide by all UTC Interim COVID-19-Related Policies, including the requirements that everyone must wear face masks and practice social distancing.
- Use headphones or earbuds.
- Silence mobile phones.
- Speaking must be kept at a low volume.
- Refrain from eating or drinking.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a complete listing of Zoom Rooms available, visit utc.edu/zoom-rooms.